Monday, June 9, 2008

8 Months!!

Dear Elzora,
This is the picture of you and your daddy that I keep in the changing room. I just love it, and so do you. Of course it seems like only yesterday that we were at the hospital, but as of today you have been an earthling for 8 whole months. It's amazing how much our lives have changed since you came. We are so happy together.

Mommy hasn't been very good about blogging. Okay, I'm a blogging slacker, I admit it! But I know that there is always room for improvement so I'll just keep at it and hopefully someone will actually start reading my blog and I will feel compelled to post more often.

So what's happening in Elzora's world? Well you now have 2 teeth on the bottom and two on the top. I think that there may be one more coming in on top, but you won't let me open your mouth long enough to get a good look. You can wave good-bye and clap your hands and sometimes you get excited and wave good-bye and then clap your hands. Maybe you are just really happy to say good-bye to some people? :)

You love listening to music and rock back and forth when you hear your favorite songs. I really need to get some new tunes for you. Mommy and daddy are starting to get a little sick of the current options. Daddy particularly likes one song from the Music Together collection called "Everybody Loves Saturday Night." He sings it all the time and sometimes it makes mommy a little crazy.

We just finished the baby massage course. I definitely enjoyed it more than you did. I have the oil and I figure that we will practice the massage techniques at home. The nurse said that it will come in especially handy when you are around 4 years old and your legs are growing really fast. I guess it can be pretty painful and the massage might give you some relief from the pain. She also said it could help you relax when you start school and when you start asking questions about death and the afterlife. It makes sense to me. I love getting massages. A massage is a great present to give for a gift on Mother's Day! I know, shameless.

In the news, Barack Obama just became the first African American presidential nominee of a major political party. Mommy and daddy are very happy and you should be proud to be 1/2 American. The next few months are going to be very exciting.

And, of course, the European Championship football tournament is happening right now. It's actually pretty exciting. Sweden plays their first match on Tuesday against Greece. I can't wait. I'm kind of nervous. I hope we win. Go Sverige!!

I can hear that you are starting to wake up. I promised you that we would go outside and blow some bubbles, so let's go!!

Love,

Mommy

PS You just got a postcard from Niagara Falls in the mail today from Liisa and Jeremy. I'll save it so you can read it for yourself one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment