Friday, January 25, 2008

I Got it From My Mama!!


Dear Elzora,
Yesterday we went to a parenting course for FTMs at the family center. FTM is an acronym that I learned about from reading all of the pregnancy websites. At first I thought it meant "Female to Male" and it made reading the pregnancy boards on Baby Center much more exciting. But, as you probably guessed, FTM stands for "First Time Mom."

Before I left the house for the course, I realized that I probably needed money for Fika. I went in to the laundry room and got the coins that I had retrieved from your dad's jeans. At that moment I could hear my mother's voice in my head saying "Don't you take my laundry money. That's my pay for doing all of your laundry!" I had to laugh at myself.

The class was just what I needed. The other moms were so nice and so smart. They were willing to speak English some of the time and I was so thankful. Honestly, I didn't understand very much but it was just nice to be around the other mothers and their little tiny babies. We definitely all had the same energy. And of course I can't help but think about the fact that these babies will be your classmates when you get older if we stay here in Ulricehamn. It's so exciting to think about the future.

During the class you sucked your thumb and then fell asleep.
I wonder if you will be a thumb sucker just like Pascha or Tookie Loo?
I think it would be so cute. I wanted to be a thumb sucker and a hair twirler.
I also wanted to wear a retainer. Never happened.

Don't you take my laundry money!!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment